Filter by Category
MusicMakers (SongStarters) Gr 3-9
with Sarah Bonsignore
Open to students in grade 3 to 9 who love to play instruments, sing, write songs, produce, perform and collaborate with others. All skill levels welcome.
5:45pm-7:15pm 8 Tuesdays 8/30, 9/6, 9/13, 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/18, 10/25 and studio concert 10/30 at 3pm. Students will also have an opportunity to showcase their original songs in a round in Nashville (location/day TBD)
In this course students will work towards:
- studying song form and arranging selected covers
- writing and recording original songs
- developing musicianship and sight reading skills
- collaborating with others and giving constructive peer feedback
- harmonizing and learning how to play simple chords and patterns on piano
- making work tapes and producing simple demos using logic software
- developing confidence and performance skills
- building a vibrant and supportive local arts community together
We will have pianos and mics setup, 2 house guitars and one bass. Please bring your own instruments/drum pad/sticks if you need to.
Sarah Bonsignore is a South African born American musician, producer, educator and composer with a Masters Degree in music and over twenty years of classroom and choral teaching experience. Her music has been heard on radio and TV throughout the US, Canada and SA, and her original piano repertoire books for beginner and intermediate levels are now available on Amazon. Find out more about her work at singplaystudios.com.