Music Wings (grades 2-5)
with Sarah Bonsignore
This course is perfect for students who love to sing, perform, write, create and play instruments!
Classes will run for 75 minutes, and will fall on SUNDAYS from 3pm-4:15pm on 11/12, 11/19, 12/3, 12/9 5pm Hood Place Culdesac performance, 12/10 (3-5pm holiday class/party), 1/21, Saturday 1/27 (optional gig), 2/4, 2/11, 2/25, 3/3 (Please note - There will be no classes over long weekends and Thanksgiving week).
Save the Date: Optional brunch performance opportunity at a great Nashville restaurant 615 ChuTNey - January 27th 11am-2pm - details closer to the time.
In this course students will learn about ~
- age appropriate repertoire and healthy vocal skills
- reading and writing music
- ear training and singing in harmony
- intro writing and recording songs
- reading and playing simple chords on piano and ukulele
- developing confidence in performance and public speaking skills
- having fun and making friends
- developing a lifelong love of music
Sarah Bonsignore (SPS Founder/Director) is a South African born American musician, singer songwriter, composer, educator, sync artist and producer with a masters degree in music and 20+ years of classroom teaching experience. Her music has been heard on radio and TV throughout South Africa and the US, and she is passionate about making the world a better place through the arts. She's also a mom of three boys at Lipscomb and Brentwood High and teaches music part time at BYCS :)
Nov 12th, 2023 - Mar 10th, 2024
Sun from 3:00 - 4:15 pm
Brentwood, TN 37027
Room: Brentwood, TN (off Wilson Pike north of Concord)